Sunday, October 19, 2003

Dedicated to the Cubs fan who was unfairly vilified for deflecting a foul ball during Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS playoffs, prior to a big rally by the Florida Marlins that doomed the Chicago Cubs

Touched A Foul Ball That Had Come My Way
(Sung to the tune of "While Strolling Through The Park One Day")

Click HERE for MIDI music

As sung by the vilified Cubs fan:

Touched a foul ball that had come my way.
Well, I never knew there'd be a play.
Alou didn't catch his prize;
Me, they blame and they despise.
In a moment, the ball game had slipped away.

The vile things fans said to me!
(Marlins took the extra out with glee.)
Of course, we're unhappy as can be.
(Florida said they would welcome me.)

Arrgghhh!
Cubs' security said, "Change your hat.
Go slip away in the dark."
No one ever will forget;
I'm blamed for bringing doom.
I may never ever come back to that park.

(repeat verses)