Friday, August 29, 2003

Satire about demagogue Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore, who was recently suspended by a judicial ethics panel for his refusal to obey a federal court order to remove his Ten Commandments stone monument from the Alabama Judicial Building rotunda for violating the First Amendment barring the establishment of religion.

Exodus of Roy Moore
(Sung to the tune of the theme from "Exodus" by Pat Boone)

As sung by Alabama Justice Roy Moore:

Click HERE for MIDI music

(instrumental intro)

This slab... of mine... God gave this slab to me.
This slab... of Ten Commandments, see?
The fed'ral court has gone, and banned them; caused me pain.
I can't understand what they have done to me.

I made my stand, and now they're canning me.
I'll squawk at what they've planned for me.
Though I am just a man, my fans are by my side.
With their help, by God, I'll prove the court was wrong.

The slab no longer has a home.
I lost this fight; a fight to keep the slab of stone.
The fight to keep the slab of stone.
I will still try, by hand divine!