Tuesday, March 14, 2006


Birdshot Whizzin' Blues
(Sung to the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash)

As sung by Deadeye Dick Cheney, after shooting fellow Republican hunter Harry Whittington at a canned quail hunt on a private Texas ranch:

Click HERE for MIDI music

(instrumental intro)

Thought I heard quail comin'
I fired my gun again.
But I hit Harry this time;
Bad news I had to spin.
All my birdshot went a-whizzin'
Oh, Harry, please hang on.
Gives me pain to be exposin'
For what I must atone.

I babysit Bush Baby, because he's called Dim Son.
Hunting gives me such joy, to play around with guns.
But I shot a man that I know; hope he doesn't die.
Call this a crime, and I just bristle.
Harry's not dead (don't die).

(instrumental break)

They can't just put me in prison,
Because Bush's throne is mine.
The press made more than a little
Scandal, which ain't fine.
Scars from birdshot whizzin'
'Cause my aim went astray.
Wish I could hunt with a missile
And blow news crews away!

(instrumental ending)