Monday, May 07, 2007

I Don't Remember
(Sung to the tune of "Try To Remember" by The Kingston Trio)

Satire about what the willfully forgetful Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez dare not utter, after he was grilled by Congress over the political firings of eight U.S. Attorneys who were deemed "not loyal enough" to the Bush administration. [USA's = U.S. Attorneys]

Click HERE for MIDI music

(As sung in private by Abu Gonzo:)

I don't remember I tried to dismember the Bill of Rights, to help Dear Leader.
I don't remember I tried to dismember Geneva rights, the terr'ist breeder.
I don't remember I fired eight U.S. Attorneys, who refused to stop vote cheaters.
I don't remember, no, I don't remember... you follow? Follow?

I don't remember resignations tendered from USA's who were disloyal.
I don't remember the plots Rove engendered; who dreamed of votes that he could spoil.
I don't remember nor will I surrender; for I'll protect Bush, and keep him royal.
I don't remember, no, I don't remember... you follow? Follow?

(instrumental break)

I don't remember if Federalist members were pushed for posts after the purging.
I don't remember if still-burning embers of scandals past, are re-emerging.
I don't remember what fell last November, some prosecutors axed through Rove's urging.
I don't remember, no, I don't remember... you follow? Follow, follow, follow?