Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Satire about Snoopgate, the new scandal engulfing Bush, who used 9-11 to order widespread secret spying by the National Security Agency on American citizens without authorization by the federal 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, Congress, or the federal courts

Spying
(Sung to the tune of "Crying" by Roy Orbison)

Click HERE for MIDI music

As sung by Emperor Dubya to the American people, defending his police state:

You've had no rights... for a while...
9-1-1's been a while.
My new laws then took flight;
I rule our land so tight.
Freedoms dropped, as I said "No"
I told my snoops, "Do well... but do not tell."
On you, they're spy-y-y-ing.
Yes, it's true.
Spy-y-y-ing... yes, it's true
Those who said I'm wrong
Have no standing, 'cause I condone...
Condone more spying...
Spying... spying... spy-ing;
My war time powers... are grand;
It's my crutch... for command.
War got me spying.

I first denied... that it was true.
But, it's true... so, screw you.
I'd love more Mideast war, with the press as whore.
Stop snarling, or you, I'll screw-ew...
If you don't love me...
I'll have my... snoops see...
Spy-y-y-ing... spyin' on you...
Spy-y-y-ing... spyin' on you...
Your rights are gone.
And from... this moment on...
Want more spying...
Spying... spying... spy-ing...
Spy...ing.
More... spy...ing.