Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Satire about the shocking abuse of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison by the U.S. occupation army and its civilian "contractor" interrogators

Iraq Prison Blues
(Sung to the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash)

Click HERE for MIDI music

As sung by an Iraqi imprisoned in the infamous Abu Ghraib prison:

I hear war planes a-hummin'
To bomb Iraq again.
My torturers had fun time;
I'm locked up in this pen.
I'm stuck in Iraq prison.
War crimes; head bags are on.
U.S. war planes keep on bombin'
Although Saddam has gone.

Damned torturers and rapists;
Apologists who spun
In service of the Bush Boy,
Who rules the world by gun.
Prison torture; what does he know?
How many here have died?
Since someone had blown the whistle,
The Bushies spun and lied.

Well, if they freed me from this prison,
And they'd let me speak my mind,
I'd bet there'd been more torture;
Iraqis maimed and blind.
And I'd tear down this damned prison;
Abu Ghraib, nay!
I thank those who blew the whistle.
Bush, just go away!


Hooded prisoner: This image from CBS's "60 Minutes" shows a hooded Iraqi prisoner standing on top of a box that appears to be connected to electrical wires.